Monday, March 06, 2006

The Blahscars


Is it just me or were the Oscars beyond boring last night? The only real surprise came at the end of the night when Crash won for Best Picture but even that wasn't a huge surprise. All the actors who won seemed so nonchalant about it, I was expecting Reese Witherspoon to get all emotional but she barely even reacted. Same with George Clooney, Rachel Weisz and Philip Seymour Hoffman. The whole show was almost intolerable, and I normally adore the Oscars. Even the pre-show was almost unwatchable, what is E! thinking putting Isaac Mizrahi in the red carpet, he has no clue what he's doing. For the love of God the man is a fashion designer not a television personality and interviewer. I saw him at one point drag a man away from a conversation he was having to be on camera. How rude! The only good parts about the show were Jon Stewart who I thought was great even though he is getting panned today and when Three Six Mafia won.

2 Comments:

Blogger TVFan said...

I didn't watch the entire broadcast, but what I did see was definitely boring. Like you said, the only interesting part was when Crash won.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

It wasn't just you, it was massively boring. And it looked like Reese did get emotional with her obsessive rambling, but that led to they shot of her husband thinking "please thank me, please thank me."

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
motorola v3
motorola v3
Veronica+Mars.
Technorati Blog Finder