Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Where to begin...

Wow! I don't even know where to begin telling you guys about my trip. I guess I'll start at the beginning (duh!) So we left the hotel in San Diego around 9:15 AM and they took us to the set in a huge stretch limo. It was a little gaudy but hilarious! So we entered the lot where the show is filmed and the first thing I see is Logan's car. Thats when it hit me, I'm really going to be seeing the set and the actors and everything. So we exited the limo right next to a Neptune school bus. We came around a corner and ta da...there was the outdoor cafeteria set, a flagpole and the front entrance to Neptune High. Kristen and Kyle (Beaver) were filming a scene which we watched for about an hour. While they were filming Ryan Hansen (Dick) was just hanging around the set. He came over and met us and took a picture with all of us. He was SO nice and really funny. During a break from filming Kyle came over and said hi to us. The Beav is so cute, we all just wanted to put him in our pocket. He was super nice and seemed a little shy. Kyle and Ryan together were hilarious, at one point Kyle ran down the steps of the cafeteria and Ryan ran towards him and picked Kyle up in some sort of a pairs figure skating move. It was so random and so funny! Good to see some family love on the set. Anyway while Kyle was talking to us Veronica herself came over and sat right next to me and chatted with us for a while. She was really nice, down to earth and of course gorgeous!! She had to go after about ten minutes and we didn't get to take a picture with her. I was so bummed but what can you do!! I'll have some more details from our conversation with her a little later including some scoop on the Maxim photos she just did.
So after our conversation with Kristen and taking a few more pictures with Ryan and Kyle we went on a tour of the set. First stop was Java the Hut, I definitely didn't really recognize it but maybe that was because it was pitch black. Next we went to Mars Investigations which was really cool to see. I thought it looked really different from what we see on tv also. I even had to ask someone which was Veronica's desk and which was Keith's office. I was confused! Anyway t this point in the tour the bloggers really started hamming it up, we took some fun pictures and we had a set photographer trailing us all day and he took some funny pictures of us peering around the door to Keith's office. Next we went to the Mars residence which looked a lot smaller than it does on tv. At this point in the tour we were joined by the one and only Rob Thomas. He took us to the Sheriff's office where we took a few more pictures and he chatted with us and answered tons of questions. The last set we visited was the Neptune Grand, Duncan's former residence sniff, sniff. Anyway did you know the suite Duncan and Logan live in only has one bedroom. So whenever Logan turns to go to his room he is really just walking into a wall! When they do scenes in Logan's bedroom they just change the sheets on the bed! Pretty funny! After the Neptune Grand we went to lunch with Rob Thomas. In the next post I'll tell you guys about our sitdown with Rob, our run-in with Wallace and meeting Jason Dohring! Whew!

11 Comments:

Blogger duckyxdale said...

I cannot believe you've already written a whole crap load! You're the hero of the day. I just woke up and feel like my insides have been torn out. Partly because I haven't eaten in like 700 hours and partly because my heart longs for Jason Dohring and Ryan Hanson!

I'm getting ready to recap! Check back soon. I had a blast meeting you in person this weekend!

1:45 PM  
Blogger tvgirl13 said...

I hope you get your insides back together very soon. But at least it was well worth it. How cute was Dick! I wasn't expecting him to be so nice and fun! And then there's Jason Dohring, while he was talking to us I tried to climb into his pocket but it just didn't work out. I hope my pictures turned out!

1:54 PM  
Blogger duckyxdale said...

Do you think his wife or the aliens would have appreciated you in his pocket? Worth a try! You're brilliant!

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Sarcasmo said...

I'm totally jealous (but more happy for you and GMMR - and all the rest - than anything). You guys are SOOOO lucky.

Can't wait for the scoop (especially about the Maxim photoshoot - HAWT!).

2:47 PM  
Blogger tvgirl13 said...

Hey welcome back Sarcasmo! There is a slight chance that pics will be up tonight!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Magnolia said...

Great recap!

I've posted some highlights and photos from the set, courtesy of The Attractive Nuisance.

More recaps and photos to come (but it will be cast and set pics only -- I won't post any photos of bloggers without permission).

4:24 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Great recap! Hopefully mine will be up tomorrow, with picts.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Queen TV said...

I really enjoyed your recap and I have to say although I'm totally jealous I'm so gald to hear you had a great time. I can only hope that my blog will be good enough to get an invite to Neptune the next time around.

Looking forward to part 2!

7:45 PM  
Blogger TVFan said...

I loved reading your recap! It was so much fun hanging out with everyone on the set. :-)

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Nick said...

Wow. Kristen Bell in Maxim?

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Jayson said...

Pretty helpful info, much thanks for the article.
bankruptcy | hotels in Duluth MN | first time home buyer

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
motorola v3
motorola v3
Veronica+Mars.
Technorati Blog Finder