Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Should I Be Worried?

The huge news story of the day was of course that the WB and UPN would be shutting down and combining to create a new network. That is very exciting but it of course means that a lot of shows that are currently on the WB or UPN might not make the cut to the new network. My first thought when I heard the news was oh my God what if Veronica Mars doesn't make the cut? I will admit I did freak out but for some reason now I have a good feeling that VM will become part of the new network. The show I am now losing sleep over is Everwood. It's ratings have been less than stellar this year and I think there is a good chance that it could be one of the shows axed when the networks merge. Are there any other shows on the WB and UPN that you guys are worried about?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Sarcasmo said...

Here are the WB shows we (me and the wife) watch:

Gilmore Girls (Tues. nights 7:00)
Supernatural (Tues 8:00)
One Tree Hill (Wed 7:00)
Smallville (Thurs 7:00)

I've watched Everwood a couple times, but I'm not "dedicated" to it. I could stand to lose Supernatural, but I think it's ratings have been good, so it's probably not going anywhere. The other three are all favorites, so I would be disappointed to lose any of them.

The article I read concerning the merger explicitly mentioned VM and Gilmore as making the cut (and possibly Smallville too I can't remember) so I think we're in the clear.

9:44 AM  
Blogger tvgirl13 said...

I'm very disappointed that you watch One Tree Hill Sarcasmo! But I guess everyone needs a guilty pleasure or three!! You should start watching Everwood and help out the ratings!

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Sarcasmo said...

In my defense, it started out as following Smallville, then after we were interested in the characters and story lines, they moved it to a different night . . .

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
motorola v3
motorola v3
Veronica+Mars.
Technorati Blog Finder