Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Quick Nibbles

So I saw a bunch of movies over my four day weekend and I figured even though this is a tv blog I could give a quickie review/recommendation for each one.

Munich - I thought this movie was great. It is just shy of three hours but there isn't a slow minute in the whole film. The plot is intriguing and terrifying and the side stories are heart breaking. Scratch that the whole thing from beginning to end is heart breaking. I highly, highly recommend seeing this. I saw this with three other people and we all liked it except for my brother. The only reason he didn't like it is because he is a huge history buff and he knew most of the plot was fiction. That didn't bother me in the least! Also when I walked out of the theater it definitely left me thinking about things but not terribly depressed like Schindler's List or Saving Private Ryan.
Also it doesn't hurt that Eric Bana is drop dead gorgeous, I could not take my eyes off him. I never understand his appeal before but now he is closing in on Jake Gyllenhall!

The Squid and the Whale - This movie was good, not great but good. The acting is magnificient and the film moves along at a decent pace. The kids in this movie easily steal the show. The younger boy Frank is played by Owen Kline who is the son of Kevin Kline and Phoebe Cates. He does a really good job as does Jesse Eisenberg who plays the older son. Also I found this movie to be funny in a very, very dark way. I laughed a lot but there was only one othe r person in the theater laughing with me so maybe I have no soul! Good movie, it was worth my $5.50 (I love matinees and so does the over 80 crowd that was at the theater!)

Lords of Dogtown ( on DVD) - I was really looking forward to this movie and when it finally arrived in the mail from Netflix I was so excited. Bad call on my part. This movie was not good. I didn't even finish it and that never happens. Part of the reason I didn't like it might be because one person I was watching it with fell asleep and the other bad mouthed it the whole time. But I had no problem turning this off and mailing it back. The plot was thin and the characters were extremely underdeveloped. I don't recommend this one!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Sarcasmo said...

I saw about 2 minutes of dogtown (the part where Nicole Kidman is lying down in the back of a truck - on her way out of town I presume) What was the deal with the sets?

2:07 PM  
Blogger tvgirl13 said...

I think we are talking about different movies. This movie was about the creation of skateboarding (kind of) no Nicole Kidman in sight!

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Sarcasmo said...

WHOOPS. This was

I'm a tool. Carry on.

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Sarcasmo said...

BLAST

insert *Dogville* into that last post.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
motorola v3
motorola v3
Veronica+Mars.
Technorati Blog Finder